The healthcare industry has long grappled with the challenge of delivering the retail-like consumer experiences that patients and members demand. According to a Harris Poll, 67% of patients described every healthcare step as a chore, and 62% believed the system was inherently confusing1. Yet, in the pursuit to improve healthcare experiences, both payers and providers face a host of challenges that are often at odds:
- Provide streamlined experiences across the growing digital health ecosystem (including third parties) – yet avoid fraud, account takeover (ATO), ransomware, and breaches.
- Meet the demands for innovative patient- and member-facing services – but not at the expense of compliance with HIPAA, CCPA, and other stringent regulations.
- Create operational efficiency and achieve cost savings – while simultaneously looking for ways to improve consumer satisfaction and increase revenue.
The remedy to these seemingly conflicting challenges lies in an enterprise-grade identity and access management (IAM) platform that provides the foundation for delivering consumer experiences to keep patients and members coming back for more. The following are a few examples of how healthcare leaders are using digital identity to revolutionize healthcare experiences that acquire and retain consumers, and drive profitability.
- Build Personalized, Secure, Seamless Experiences: Use a no-code approach to build consumer journey experiences with features such as progressive profiling, passwordless authentication, and AI-informed threat detection.
- Give Consumers Control with Self-Service: Drive engagement while reducing operational costs by giving patients and members control over their profile, login, and data sharing preferences with self-service functions.
- Get A Single View of Your Consumer: Get a single, organization-wide view of a patient or member to facilitate personalized, omnichannel experiences and drive customized services across all lines of business.
- Add Speed to Digital Services: Accelerate the retrieval of identity-related information across all legacy and modern solutions to deliver improved application performance and user experiences.
- Gain Privacy Protection and Anti-Fraud Capabilities: Enhance consumer interactions, brand loyalty, and cost-savings through privacy protection, compliance features, and AI-powered anti-fraud capabilities.
- Achieve Interoperability and Build Secure Partner Services: Bridge the gaps in your hybrid IT environments, unlock siloed data, and safely expand your digital ecosystem to partners for value-added services that boost revenue.
Adopting ForgeRock's robust digital identity platform is your gateway to today's era of consumer-centric healthcare experiences.
To learn more about how you can revolutionize your healthcare business, read 5 Ways to Build Profit-Growing Digital Health Ecosystems.